Monday, November 7, 2011

Scary Mr.Darcy/Stripes

dancewdead by Kairn Design
dancewdead, a photo by Kairn Design on Flickr.
Ilo Friday! yes a bit late but seeing the subject matter is "late" as well... you can't fault me TOO much.

This weeks theme was "scary". Now I'm a big fan of "Pride and Prejudice" by Jane Austen... I also realize it's fiction (much to my dismay).  And a lovely commenter pointed out it's stripes too! (this weeks theme) so bonus! Two for one! :)

What I find personally scary isn't monsters or disasters, boogie men or highway robbers (all scary yes.. but that's what heroines are for). What I find scary is hoping and waiting for a Mr.Darcy that will never come... to spend a whole life waiting for love only to find what this Elizabeth Bennet has discovered... she's too late.

5 comments:

  1. Beautiful, I love your style! I particularly like the subtle background. The dress and the skeleton are really great. Lovely lines. (This works for the "Stripes" prompt too!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Cindy! and perfect catch on the stripes! Hadn't even thought of it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This really made me laugh. I would never have thought of Mr. Darcy in that way.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely illustration! This definitely works for both "scary" and "stripes". That dress is gorgeous! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. really nice idea :) i like the colours and the pose of the characters :D

    ReplyDelete