Tuesday, February 14, 2012

mrrogersvalentine

mrrogersvalentine by Kairn Design
As a child of the late 70's early 80's... I can vouch that a consistent presence of comfort and care came from a daily dose of Mr.Rogers Neighborhood.
I was lucky to have a great family, support system and lots of love- for those kids that maybe weren't as blessed I can imagine the impact of this special show was far more meaningful. A person that was there everyday speaking seemingly just to you about how wonderful and unique you are.

Illustration Friday (IF:) theme of the week is "popular" which I think could apply to v-day... and it doesn't take a genius to figure out why. The more "love"and attention you get- the more popular you are. I like Mr. R's approach- we're ALL special and deserving of care, credit and respect.

So on this most commercialized of all days- where if you are single you either a player or pariah... I'm kickin it old school lil kid valentines day and wishing you all a big hug from me- your illustrating neighbor.

No comments:

Post a Comment